Permitted visitors include:
- Child Study Team members conducting triennial testing (Educational or Psychological testing) for students attending Benway School (with parent permission).
- Child Study Team members and families for emergency meetings (Re-Entry Meetings, etc.)
- Child Study Team members and families for Intake Meetings
- Vendors/contractors for school maintenance/improvements.
- Child Study Team members conducting IEP meetings, as requested.
School procedures for permitted visitors:
- Any visitor will not be permitted in the building and will be sent home if internal temperature is 100.3℉ (38 ℃) or above.
- Consider and abide by all HIPAA and FERPA laws and regulations.
- Contact the school office upon arrival.
- Benway School will provide face-covering/mask if necessary.
Virtual IEP Meetings:
- Benway School will continue to host IEP meetings via Virtual Platforms, held through preferred mode by District Case Manager.
- Please see below the policy regarding Virtual IEP Meetings continuing to stay in place regarding IEP Meetings.
Virtual IEP Meetings
- Any IEP meeting will be held in the mode preferred by the District Case Manager.
For Virtual annual review meetings held during this time of Benway School’s Hybrid Learning plan, the following procedures will be used to develop new goals and objectives.
- For any skill areas that either no longer have goals/objectives or are not sufficiently rigorous, the previous year’s assessment and aligned to the New Jersey State Learning Standards will be referenced, taking into account progress that has been made during this academic year.
- Input regarding additional goals/objectives desired by family members will be solicited in the form of discussions with families.
- As students continue to return to in-person instruction, additional assessments may be conducted and the student’s goals and objectives will be amended as necessary to ensure that appropriate goals and objectives are being implemented.
- Administration work with Special Education Teachers to monitor student academic progress and determine if accommodations or modifications need to be adjusted. The administration collaborates with Related Service providers and determines if services need to be adjusted. Administration and Social Workers communicate with parents and District Case Managers to discuss student progress and any adjustments to the student’s IEP. Student accessibility to technology and learning platforms is consistently evaluated.
In order to accommodate former students and manage any disruptions to the school day, the following policy has been put in place.
- Visits must be scheduled and approved in advance.
- Times for visits will be 9:30 – 11:45.
- Visits will be supervised.
- Visitors will check in with their old Social Worker and Administration.
- Visitors will be wanded.
- Visits will have a 30-minute time limit.
- Staff will be called to meet with the student.
- Visitors will not be able to go to classrooms due to privacy concerns.
- If visitors show up unexpectedly, the administration will decide if they can accommodate an unscheduled visit.
- If supervision is not possible, the visit will be denied.
- To request a visit please complete our contact form.